Monday 20 February 2012

Still on track...just

It's lucky I got a headstart, because I'm now back to being exactly on my goal line. I'm pleased I lost weight this week - any loss is a good loss. I ate less than usual on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday to make up for a very special dinner on Friday night. I ate lots of salads with a bit of protein in them, and tried not to eat too many carbohydrates after 4pm.

That last point is an interesting one to discuss. It started appearing in diets about 13 years ago according to a Sydney Morning Herald article by Paul Goodyer in 2009 (find it here), and is a complete myth - a very popular one. Like most dieting, as long as you consume a few less calories than you burn each day, you will lose weight. I think for me, it's much more important to watch my snacking at night when I'm tired and watching television than to worry about excluding carbs. That will be my 'note to self' for the week!

In line with my 0.2kg weight loss, my measurements didn't really change. I had a great week for exercise, with a really enjoyable ride on Sunday from Bowral to Moss Vale and Berrima and then back to Bowral via Oxley's Hill. We averaged 18.4km/hr, which is pretty good for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment