Saturday 4 December 2010

Blonde

Well I've been threatening to do it for ages and I've finally done it. What a shock to the system! It's amazing how comfortable you get with the way you look. Then you change one detail and suddenly you don't recognise yourself any more. For the first couple of days I was taking a second look in mirrors and wishing that I could wear a hat to work. None of my clothes seemed to match any more, and I wasn't sure about my makeup either. People I work with every day didn't recognise me at first, and people that I work with occasionally walk straight past me and look uncertain when I smile and nod. The copper in it helps the colour to blend with my eyebrows - I'll just have to wait and see how I go with the regrowth.

For the sake of comparison I've included the photo of my last haircut where my colour was all-natural. I never thought this would be the case, but I think the blonde hair colour has taken some of the red tones out of my skin. Anyway, it's interesting to compare them. I get my haircut and coloured at Surry Cutters in Surry Hills. It takes a long time to go blonde, so I spent a fun afternoon chatting with the crew and playing with the resident poodles. There's a caramel pup and two white girls, one with purple dreadlocks and a purple tail and the other has pink ears and tail. Last time I went to get my haircut, there were four caramel cocker spaniels camped under the hair wash chairs. I knew I would love the salon because I usually get on with anyone that likes dogs!




No comments:

Post a Comment